In 1944 Stalin’s Red army is on the attack. While it throws the Germans out of Byelorussia, it also goes about defeating Germany’s allies; Finland, Romania and Hungary. The Romanians hold off the first Soviet attacks, but a second massive offensive in August 1944 sees them overwelmed. They surrender and swap sides to fight alongside the Soviets. Meanwhile, the Finns also fight for their survival as the Soviets attempt to steamroll them out of the war. They fight the Soviets to a standstill and agree a peace, but are forced to to turn on the Germans. Then three massive Soviet Fronts turn on Hungary, defended by six German and Hungarian armies. The great red sledgehammer is soon swinging, as the Soviets and Romanians launch an assault toward Budapest. Axis armoured forces attempt to stop the encirclement of the city. This savage and bitter struggle will last for 100 gruelling days.
Inside Bagration: Axis Allies you will find:
Background on the Finnish, Hungarian, and Romanian Armies during the epic battles for the Eatern Front in 1944 and 1945.
Instructions on how to build a Finnish;
- T-26 Armoured Company with T-26 light tanks, T-28 and T-34 medium tanks and KV-1 heavy tanks.
- Sturmi Assault Gun Company with the Finnish modified Sturmi StuG assault gun.
- Infantry Company with hard-fighting veteran infantry. These troop have good selection of weapons to supplement their firepower including machine-guns, mortars, anti-tank guns, and specialist close defence anti-tank infantry.
Instructions on how to build a Hungarian;
- Panther Tank Company with German supplied Panther tanks
- Tiger Tank Company with German supplied Tiger heavy tanks
- Turán Tank Company with the Hungarian Turán medium tank
- Panzer IV Tank Company with German supplied Panzer IV tanks
- Zrinyi Assault Gun Company with the Hungarian built Zrinyi self-propelled 105mm howitzer.
- StuG Assault Gun Company with German supplied StuG assault guns
- Hetzer Assault Gun Company with German supplied Hetzer tank-hunters
- Rifle Company well supported with machine-guns, mortars, anti-tank gun and new anti-tank rockets
Instructions on how to build a Romanian;
- R-2 Light Tank Company with R-2 (Panzer 35(t)), T-38 (Panzer 38 (t)), and R-35 Renault light tanks
- T-4 Medium Tank Company with German supplied Panzer IV tanks
- TA Assault Gun Company with German supplied StuG assault guns
- Motorised Rifle Company with options dismounted and mounted armoured infantry infantry in Sd Kfz 251 half-tracks. These troops have plenty of firepower with machine-guns, mortars, anti-tank guns and self-propelled tank-hunters.